A great giveaway item in your trade show booth can do wonders for your business. If you offer great “swag” that your clients are excited about, not only will it attract them to your booth, chances are they will remember your brand above your competitors in the long term.
Trade show giveaways are about giving attendees a positive impression of your brand so that they will think of your brand above your competitors when they have a need
Tradeshow giveaways are fantastic at getting a conversation started or breaking the ice with new potential clients. The best way to make an impact and increase your ROI at a show is to invest in a unique trade show giveaway that will generate a buzz around your brand or company.
Top tips for maximizing your exposure using Trade show giveaways:
- Either choose an extremely useful item, or choose something that is unique.
- consider offering cheaper giveaways available to everyone who stops in your booth (don’t place your giveaway items where attendees can grab the giveaway and go without entering your booth!) and ordering a smaller quantity of a higher quality items to give to more qualified leads.
- Make the giveaway as relevant to your industry as possible. Turn it into a game / competition and offer a great gift for winners to generate a crowd!
- Consider putting together a care package with imprinted and non imprinted items such as tissues, hand sanitizer, breath mints and a snack.
- Make sure your items are consistently branded. Keep to your brand’s color scheme and use the same logo, font etc throughout.
- Consider sending out invites to your most qualified leads before the trade show inviting them to claim their free gift at your booth.
- Go with quality over quantity for all of your trade show giveaways. There is no point in investing any money in a cheap item that has a high chance of being thrown away.
- Make sure you order well in advance to avoid last minute shipping and rush charges!
Here are some great options for a trade show giveaway –
“Goofy” head pens
If you’re going to use a pen as a trade show giveaway, make sure it is unique or has multiple uses. These Goofy Head Pens are available in several options, our favorite is the bendy cell phone holder / pen. Also available are flash light pens, mop topper screen cleaner pens and other pens with multi uses (we even have one that has a screwdriver attached!)
A great giveaway at any event, make sure you choose a popular flavor like vanilla or mint. You could even distribute them instead of business cards, including your picture and contact details on the tube!
USB Car Charger
Consider spending a bit more to get a USB that shows your logo when it’s plugged in like this one. As this is not a cheap item, reserve it for leads that have been qualified and control distribution of these so that they are given to the right people.
Hot / Cold Packs
These come in some fun shapes and are popular with lots of people!
This is a useful item, make sure it is small enough it fits nicely on a keyring as a bulky one may not be used. Finding one specific to your industry is an added bonus!
Cell Phone wallet with Strap
This cell phone wallet sticks to your phone with a 3m backing and includes a finger strap to help keep your phone in place and prevent dropping.
Nothing is going to get more exposure than a tote bag that is used. Make sure your bag is comfortable to use and attractive. These feather flight bags are a great price and have additional pockets that encourage use! According to the Advertising Specialty Institute impressions study, Bags generate more impressions in the U.S. than any other promotional item. That means more people are going to see your logo!
This is an easy and inexpensive giveaway option that any attendee is going to appreciate. There is a risk however that this item won’t leave the trade show – we would recommend having an offer code or special link on the label to encourage at least the label to be kept for future reference.
Wine or Beer
A Lot of business professionals like engraved beer or wine and this would be a unique option to hand out to your qualified leads. Invite them to take it home and enjoy!
A carefully thought out and planned giveaway should be a part of every trade show strategy. Let us help you plan awesome giveaways for your company!